Sunday, September 18, 2005

Roasted Hummus Farms Cherry Tomatoes with Bodega Goat Cheese

Yesterday at the Farmer's Market I picked up both of these ingredients. The goat cheese is just as the woman described it: mild. Although I like goat cheese and its characteristic tang, this, I thought, would be perfect with roasted tomatoes. This recipe is adapted from Melissa Clark's THE SUMMER COOK; No One Ever Slaved Over a Hot Toaster Oven article in the New York Times, August 24, 2005.

1 basket little tomatoes (grape, cherry, 100's)
2-3 oz. goat cheese
olive oil
salt

I drizzled the tomatoes, salted them and put them into a 385ºF oven for 40 minutes. When the tomatoes came out, i crumbled some goat cheese on top of them.

This was as good as the last time I made it - I think that the mild goat cheese does better than the ricotta suggested in the article. The one thing I miss is the tarragon - chopped tarragon may have been good on top of this. A basket of tomatoes is probably enough for 2 people as an appetizer - I had it for dinner, so I ate it all.

Make sure to pull off the stems from the tomatoes; sometimes they like to hide.

No comments: