Sunday, September 25, 2005

Pasta Primavera


Pasta Primavera
Originally uploaded by monkeycat238.
After our bike ride today, we were at a loss for what to have for dinner. We had a feast last night with the Oakleys and had a couple of ingredients left over: tomatoes and zucchini.

I decided to make a fresh tomato sauce to go over some leftover angel hair pasta.

2 servings of angel hair pasta, cooked
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced finely
4 small tomatoes
1 medium zucchini
1/4 c water
1/2 hot chili pepper, diced thin
salt
pepper
olive oil
dry oregano
dry parsley

I put a little bit of olive oil at the bottom of a saucepan and set it to medium. I sauteed the garlic and onions for 5 minutes, then added in the tomatoes and salt; the salt was there to try to bring out some of the liquid in the tomatoes. I chopped a zucchini and added it into the pan. The pepper, parsley and oregano went in next. I added the water and turned the burner down to low.

After 20 minutes of simmering, I turned the pot up to medium-high for 3 minutes to concentrate the sauce a little bit, then poured it over the pasta!

It was really easy and as a bonus, I didn't even have to sit and watch!

I put some grated parmesan on top; sans parmesan for Antonia.

The sauce was wonderful: very light and very flavorful. We had a glass of Whitehall Lane 2004 Sauvignon Blanc with the pasta; the acidity of the SB went well with the acidity of the tomatoes. You can see the bottle of wine in the background of the picture :)

Enjoy!

No comments: