Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mushroom Tart - An Experiment


Mushroom Tart
Originally uploaded by monkeycat!.
I decided that because it is summer and I do not have too much to do (I do have a lot, just not A LOT), I would start up some playful kitchen experimentation. One of the things I (and Antonia) made was a tomato tart (featured here). This gave me the idea to make a mushroom tart.

It is so mushroom-y because it is all mushroom!

Mushroom Tart

Savory Tart Shell (recipe to follow)

3 Cremini mushrooms
Splash of olive oil
Splash of red wine (I used a few day old Zinfandel)
Salt
Pepper
Paprika

Take two of the mushrooms and chop roughly. Put them into a food processor (I use a mini-chop) with the splash of wine and olive oil. Add a little bit of salt and pepper. Chop until a medium paste, pulsing if necessary.

Scoop out into tart shell. Distribute evenly with the back of a spoon or spatula.

Take the last mushroom and slice it thin. Using the largest slices from the middle of the mushroom, lay them down in a pattern on the top of the tart. Sprinkle with paprika

Bake in a 275ºF oven for 10 or so minutes.

Easy as pie tart and so tasty.

No comments: